Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Last Season: Etor’s goal haunts former team

Former Bukola Babes winger, Daniel Etor, turned out to be the virus that destroyed his former team when Niger Tornadoes got a road trip win at Ilorin.  

Sunday's victory further compounded the woes of the troubled Bukola Babes.

The very best Hollywood scriptwriter would have struggled to have penned it better as Etor completed his famous return to the club that gave him a chance to play in the Premier League with a beautiful goal in the 85th minute to confuse his former teammates and fans of the club.

For the umpteenth time, Bukola produced another shambolic performance in front of their home fans.
Etor, who spent more time as a substitute at Bukola Babes told SuperSport.com that he was happy with the goal.

“I celebrated the goal because I had it in my mind that I will score against Bukola. I gave Bukola my best when I was there and I left without quarrels.

“Now that I play for Tornadoes I have to do the same for the club. I went there to do my job as a professional footballer,” he said to SuperSport.com

Interestingly, Etor scored against the second Ilorin based team, Kwara United, on his debut for Tornadoes.

The winger dedicated his impressive performance to Tornadoes gaffer, Justin Tenger.

“The coach boosted my confidence the first time we met at Tornadoes. As a result, I promised him that I’ll do my best for the team,” Etor stated.

Etor’s teammate, Sibi Gwar, applauded his match day performance.


No comments:

Post a Comment